Nature’s Edge Buderim is connected to the NBN!
August 2, 2015
Great news this month with our first homes connected and live on the NBN (National Broadband Network)! All homes in Nature’s Edge will be connected to the NBN as they are completed.
According to recent research from NBNCo, 35% of grandparents use video calling apps to keep in-touch with their grandchildren. Having the NBN connected to your new home in Nature’s Edge will make keeping in touch with family and friends a breeze, no matter where they are in the world.
Termed ‘GranTechies’ – the research identifies grandparents who are embracing fast broadband and smart devices to form deeper connections with their family and loved ones.
Key findings from the research included:
- The majority of Aussie grandparents surveyed use the internet to connect with their children (76 per cent), grandchildren (59 per cent) and other family members (72 per cent).
- Grandparents are increasingly using high-bandwidth video calling applications such as FaceTime or Skype to stay in-touch with their grandchildren (35 per cent), while more than half are using Facebook (61 per cent) and email (90 per cent) to connect with their children.
- Over two thirds (84 per cent) of grandparents who are using the internet to communicate with their family are doing so on a weekly basis.
- Smartphone users aged 55 and over are the fastest growing segment in Australia, increasing by 28 per cent in the last 12 months. Similarly, tablet users aged 65 and over are the second fastest growing demographic and have increased by 46 per cent in the last 12 months.
- More than half of grandparents surveyed (62 per cent) agreed using the internet has made them feel more connected, helping them overcome feelings of loneliness and social isolation (41 per cent).